- Interested in helping young people have a say to help inspire an active Jersey?
- Want to share your views with decision-makers at Jersey Sport and give young people a voice?
- Want to develop your skills and support sport and active living projects?
Jersey Sport is looking for young volunteers to join our Youth Panel – a group of young people aged 14 to 25 who will advise, inform, influence and support the Jersey Sport staff and Board.
You will become a valued part of Jersey Sport and support our goal to be one of the most active populations in the world. You will also gain valuable experience in team work and leadership.
The Panel is likely to meet every two months. Youth Panel members should expect to commit up to two hours per week on average.
How you can help us, and we can help you
You will provide advice and support to the Staff and Board in relation to the views of young people and ensure young people are engaged with the decision-making process of inspiring an active Jersey.
You will build experience, as the potential sports administrators of the future, through meetings, and the development, support and delivery of initiatives, events or projects.
You will also benefit in the following ways:
- Volunteering experience that looks great on your CV
- Mentoring and personal development opportunities
- Develop your skills in communication, teamwork, leadership, project management, marketing, strategy and other areas.
- Use your creativity, innovation and ideas to make a real difference and put something back into the community
- Have your voice heard by the leaders of sport at Board level
- Play a pivotal role in inspiring an active Jersey
- Become an ambassador for sport, active living and Jersey Sport
- Join the Jersey Sport team, receive invitations to team events, functions and get an email account, team kit, stationery and certificate of involvement
DOWNLOAD: Jersey Sport Youth Panel Terms of Reference
Apply to join the Jersey Sport Youth Panel
To be eligible for the Panel you must be:
- Aged 14 – 25
- Living in Jersey
- Able to commit to attending Youth Panel meetings
- Committed to getting young people’s voices heard
DOWNLOAD: Jersey Sport Youth Panel Application Form
New closing date: 30th September 2018
Press Release – July 2018
The creation of the Jersey Sport Youth Panel was officially announced in July 2018. Please click here to read the press release.
Profiles of panel members will appear here once appointed.